Wednesday, October 1, 2008

14 weeks

Ahhh, finally writing :).

14 weeks exactly today (due date April 1)
132.5 pounds (4.5 pounds gained)

I am starting to feel better. Monday night I got sick again, which was kind of frustrating because I thought the morning sickness would magically disappear when the first trimester ended. However, I've had ample energy during the days as long as I eat a constant stream of food. My current food schedule is:

7:30am--1/2 PBJ and glass of Cranberry Rasberry Juice right when I wake up
8:30am--string cheese and cashews while driving to work
10:30am--Subway or Quiznos chicken & bacon sandwich
2:30ish--snack when I get home, varies
6:00--Chicken Noodle Soup & frozen pretzel

I am trying to eat as much protein/iron as possible because the doctor said I am borderline anemic. My blood was tested right after we returned from Ecuador when I had been constantly throwing up and stopped eating for a few days, so I'm hoping the low red blood count was due to temporal malnourishment.

In other news, we had our first ULTRASOUND! So exciting! Before I experienced an ultrasound, I did not understand why parents-to-be got so excited about grainy black and white pictures with unidentifiable objects semi-resembling parts of a baby. However, an ultrasound is so much more than the subpar pictures--it is the first time a mother and father get to SEE the baby in all of its glory moving around in the womb. Our little munchkin was hyperactive (sign of things to come?) and flipped all around showing it's body to the camera. The look on James' face was priceless--I've never seen him so fascinated with a little computer screen! Everything looks healthy so far--we saw all 5 fingers on each hand and a straight spine!

This is probably enough for now, but hopefully I can start writing on a regular basis and document the days before our baby's arrival!!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I am so excited about your blog! Now I can live vicariously through your pregnancy! :)

Amy said...

You'll never get tired of the ultrasounds. :) They are like gold. Hope you feel 100-percent soon!

Kim said...

I can't wait to read more about your experience!