reasons why date night is overrated (for us):
1. we are extremely
2. neither of our families are within 4 hours. see number 1. (our families are very willing to watch parker when they come to visit and we are thankful).
3. it is exhausting to prep parker for time at someone else's house...pack his diaper bag, explain feeding & sleeping schedules, bring a pack & play, etc.
4. it is hard not to think about parker and wonder how he is doing while we are out. actually i don't really worry about him that much, but knowing he is sweetly sleeping at our house brings a feeling of peace.
5. it is easier to keep parker's routine consistent when we are watching him.
6. parker goes to bed around 7:30 or 8:00 every night and that leaves 2+ hrs of quality time every night.
7. we try to make a point to turn off the tv and computers after parker goes to bed (at least for a little while) to spend time together. the other night james lit a bunch of candles in our room and gave me an awesome massage, and i loved that (free) night much more than an expensive night on the town.
8. i have to dress up for work every day. when i come home, i just want to put on sweats and relax.
anyway, here are a couple fun dates we've gone on in the last few months...
razorback football game! my mom was in town, my neighbor gave us tickets for $1 and my sis and bro-in-law to be came along! go hogs!
my birthday! we had a coupon for ruth chris' and enjoyed the treat! (the place was packed on a thursday night...do people really frequent this place in this recession? i couldn't believe it! must be expensable or something)delish!we might have to make this an annual event!out to eat after james' fire school graduation. his parents took us and parker!and then i dyed my hair brown, ha. david and sarah's wedding! great food and open bar, whattttt? so much fun!work christmas party. free food and drinks again!razorback basketball game. went with james' friend who had free tickets (and sat in j.b. hunt's wife's box! free drinks again!)hope everyone has a lovely night!!! the high tomorrow is 8 degrees here, eek! windchill -20 thursday. definitely not taking parker to a babysitter's house in this weather! :) love yall.
p.s. GO JAYHAWKS!!!! way to sneak one out tonight--you had me worried!