i am exhausted tonight because parker did not want to go to bed until 9:45pm (as opposed to his 7:30pm norm), thus totally wiping out any "me" time. last night p didn't go to bed until 9:30pm because of the wedding, and his whole schedule is still out of whack. as much fun as it is to hang out with friends, i've found it is soooo much easier to come home by 7:30pm. as limiting as that sounds, our whole family is much happier and productive when we adhere to normal bedtimes. plus it is nice to spend time with james each night around the house and relax.
for the last month or two i've found myself doodling potential baby names on the sunday church bulletin even though we're still figuring out the timeline for baby #2. here are some favorites:
1. paxton (i love this name and think it sounds so cute to say "parker and paxton" but james says it is too preppy/metro).
2. preston (see response above from james. i would really like 2 p names :)).
3. princeton (sure it's a lil' haughty, but i think kids generally grow into their names and hopefully it would encourage studious habits).
*besides all of these names starting with p, i love the strong hard "t" sound in them.
4. perkins (it could be cute).
5. payton (this is the only one james likes of the list, but i like it more for a girl).
other p's: prescott (now that is preppy!), pierce (although it reminds me of paul pierce who james dislikes even though he is a former jayhawk!), paul (BIL's name), peter (know too many creepy peters), etc.
and if we don't go with p, the other three names i still like from our first pregnancy:
1. blaze (there is something about the "z" that i love).
2. cash (how can you not smile when you say cash kehrli?)
3. hunter (hard t again)
james pretty much hates all of these names, but hopefully by the time #2 is here we can agree on something. oh and girl names? j reminded me again today that he is only capable of creating boys (the mantra he chanted our whole first pregnancy even though i was convinced we were having a girl).
and last but not least, here are a few of parker's one year pictures i never posted from a few months ago. love him!!