Wednesday, February 4, 2009

33 weeks

158 lbs (30 lbs gained)

i feel like my body is growing by the second. the doctor said my belly is going to double in size from here on out, but i don't think that is humanly possible. my pregnancy book said most women lose 2-3 pounds the last month of pregnancy because the amount of amniotic fluid is decreasing and carrying around the extra weight burns more calories. i'm not sure if i believe this either, but we will see. everything looks good to go, though! the baby's head is down and hopefully will stay down. there is extra pressure on my pelvis and i can feel the baby kicking my ribs, but it is not painful (yet). we have one more trip to kansas this weekend, and then james and i are staying home for 2 months!! woohoo.

i am absolutely trip-ed out right now. we had a lovely time in denver and i should be excited about going home this weekend to throw a bridal shower for my best friend, but i'm tired. thinking about the future trips we have planned just makes me even more exhausted. here is what is tentatively on the agenda:

April: baby is born! our home floods with visiting family and friends
May 8: travel to Wisconsin. James' mom's one wish for her 50th birthday and mother's day is to be with her grandbaby, so we're going to do everything in our power to make it happen. plus all of her family and friends in wisconsin want to see the baby, so a trip makes sense.
May 28: heather's wedding in kansas and all of the duties being a bridesmaid entails. james just got asked to be a groomsman in his high school buddy's wedding in another state the same weekend, so it looks like we may have 3 or 4 days apart. luckily my family is excited to spend time with the baby and help out.
June 20: erin's wedding in california. not quite sure if james or baby will be joining me.
July 3: fly to canada for a week as a wedding gift from james' friend.

i dont' know if all of this is going to happen or any of it for that matter. our carefree life will be over very soon and maybe i will learn to slow down. anyway, a few pics from denver (still my favorite city ever)

the boys
the nuggets

the group

my love

love you all!!

3 comments:

Mrs. Hibit said...

Enjoy these last few weeks! I'm very excited to hear about how things will be different oh so soon, but I have no doubt that these next 7-ish weeks will be very special for the Kerhli's as we know them today. Enjoy one another!

Sadie said...

Oh dude. I remember the feet in the ribs. And the pelvic pressure. And having to pee every 7 minutes.
Try to get some rest these last few weeks, you deserve it.

Erin said...

Aww... busy!! Of course I want you to be at the wedding. But I seriously understand if you can't make it!

I'd just have to pop by Arkansas after things calm down a little bit. :)