Thursday, February 12, 2009

truckin' on

it's been a good, busy week. sunday i threw a bridal shower for my best friend, heather, in lawrence. lots of people, good food, and fun games (wedding charades/taboo with international friends is bound to produce laughter).
monday night we went to jj's (new sports bar in rogers) with friends. it's a good alternative to bdubs if you want to watch sports, and the food is much better! our friends actually own the restaurant, so our food was free! came home in time to catch bachelor and the ku/mu game (boo). i still think ku is going to do well in march madness (and hopefully good games will be on while i am in labor!)

tuesday james had class (got 100% on his test! ha, i feel like a proud mother, but really i am proud of my husband because although he hates school, he is taking the emt class seriously). i finished our taxes (feels so good to have them done!), watched biggest loser and relaxed.

wednesday my friend kristin came over for dinner with her 3 kids, including her 4 month old baby. after they left, james looked me in the eye and said he was ready for our baby to be here. i still wouldn't mind waiting a few weeks, but his words were very encouraging. we also met with the girls who are going to live in our siloam rental house from may '09-may '10. james and i feel very blessed that 4 groups emailed us without having to advertise or go to much trouble to find new renters. i am also v. glad that this will be finalized before the baby arrives.

tonight i am going to my friend melissa's for dinner and cleaning the house.
my work just started a workout challenge to encourage employees to be proactive with their health (which i truly believe saves the company money in the long run by reducing medical costs). if we do 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week for 8 weeks, we get $50! there are other incentives for regional office teams and weekly winners. walking and household chores count as physical activities, so those will be my primary outlets this last month of pregnancy. love you all!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I bet you are ready for the baby to be here! And look at you doing bridal showers and being very pregnant! You amaze me! Keep it up!

Mrs. Hibit said...

It's so commendable that you are so active in your final trimester! It makes me smile. I can only hope that someday when I'm growing a baby that I will be motivated to get out of the house to watch basketball games!