ahhhh i love snow days. it is nice to relax at home for an evening. slowly we are getting things done before the baby arrives...
1. set up arm's reach co-sleeper in our room--check! (i guess it's pretty important that the baby has a place to sleep)
2. assemble changing table in our room and stock with diapers, wipes, burp clothes, and onesies--check!
3. put together crib--semi check (we're not buying bedding until after the baby arrives, so this is as good as it gets)
4. write thank you notes for all of the baby/shower gifts--check!
5. register for march 7 & 8 childbirth class--check! (we're cutting this one a little close to the due date :))
6. organize hospital bag--check!
7. preregister at hospital--check!
8. type phone tree of people to call after the baby's birth--check!
still to do:
1. install carseats in our car and practice using them.
2. participate in childbirth class next weekend.
3. attend cwe baby shower next sunday (and write thank you notes).
4. attend baby shower with my work on march 20 (and write more thank you notes. my mentor just emailed me to tell me they were throwing a shower, so i'm pretty excited. i really wasn't expecting any of these showers and am thankful for baby kehrli's sake).
5. make a birth plan? eh, i don't think i'm going to type one out. the hopeful plan is to go into labor naturally, receive an epidural as soon as i arrive at the hospital (this is why i love NW Med. more than Mercy), avoid a c-section and pitocin if at all possible, and circumsize the baby if it is a boy. i think that covers most of the basics.
i am so so excited about monday. i can't wait to go to the doctor (even though i have to do the group b strep. test), watch the bachelor finale (i'm pretty sure i'm the only one in the world cheering for molly), and watch ku stomp all over missouri. i realize i am setting myself up for big disappointment if 1. the doctor finds anything wrong 2. molly loses 3. ku loses, but i have a good feeling about this one. love you all!
EDIT: apparently i am an idiot and the ku game is on right now (sunday afternoon). how did march sneak up on me like that???